Medieval festival of Provins: Live the Middle Ages!
Like every year, Provins welcomes this week-end (13rd and 14th June) thousands of visitors from all around the world to go back in time and live like in the Middle Ages. This 32nd edition may be full of surprises for the whole family!
Medieval festival of Provins: What is this?
For two days, Provins will be celebrating its medieval past, the time of the famous Champagne Fairs (12th century). Historical reenactments, camps, musicians, jesters, acrobats, games and a lot of other activities will take place in the medieval town to make you live a truly unique experience.
Discover the medieval festival of Provins in this video:
A 32nd edition dedicated to the theme « Childhood and games in the Middle Ages »
Every year, the medieval festival of Provins deals with a particular theme. This year, it will be children and games. Shows, reenactments and many other acticities will make you live the Middle Ages as if you were there.
The medieval city will be divided in four areas around four different themes:
- “Festive days”: Come into the circle of dances, jesters, street artists and enjoy those two festive days with parrots, flag wavers, musicians, acrobats, jugglers and many games for the whole family…
- “The fears and believes”: Fairy tales, legends, dragons, goblins, and other chimeras, songs from all over the world, dances, fire shows…
- “The art of war”: sword fighting, jousting tournament, frays and fortress sieges reenactments…
- “The daily life”: Ludic craft workshops around themes like bakery, childcare, as well as interactive shows and an itinerant farm.
For more details, visit the Medieval festival of Provins’ website.
The day of festivities (on place):
1 day: 10 €
2 days: 14 €
For people in costume*:
1 day: 4, 50 €
2 days: 5 €
* The medieval costume should be complete : headpiece, pants, top and shoes ! Costume of fantastic inspiration are accepted. You can buy or loan one in specialized shops but also buy one in Provins.
For children under 12: free.
For disabled persons (with an accompanying person): free.
To get preferential prices, book your tickets online in advance!
How to get to Provins from Explorers Hotel ?
- By car: Provins is 60 kilometers (around 40 miles) away from hotel, so less than an hour away.
You can check the route here:
Free parking lots indicated by road signals and free shuttles to the festival entrances.
- By bus: Take our free shuttle till Marne-la-Vallée-Chessy Disneyland station (bus n°54) and then take the bus 50. More details here.
If you have not booked your stay for this week-end yet, it is still time. Make your reservation directly from our website home page and get the best rates!
For more details about medieval festival of Provins, please contact Provins tourist office: or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.